TAX FILINGS AND RELIEF ASSISTANCE
Estimated Payment Dates for Stimulus Checks - "Unofficial Timeline" Click Here for PDF Document (opens in new window)
FAQ for the Economic Stimulus checks
Economic Impact Payment Information Center at the IRS
THE CARES ACT - Signed 27 March 2020 - Stimulus Checks and Overview of Individual and Business Tax Provisions
There are already SCAMMERS trying to obtain funds from indivividuals in need. Please exercise extreme caution and verify all sources before responding. Scammers have been setting up fake websites and using fake emails to sell bogus products and offer funding assistance.
ROUND ROCK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: RESOURCE PAGE https://roundrockchamber.org/category/covid-19/
TAX PAYMENTS AND FILINGS: TAX DAY has been moved from April 15th to July 15th. Taxpayers have until July 15 to file their returns and if applicable to pay their taxes. If you believe you are due a refund, you can file before July 1th to receive your refund. Additionally, any estimated payments normally due on April 15th has also been moved to July 15th. If you have any questions please call our office.
- Senator Cornyn's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website: https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/content/page/coronavirus-covid-19
- Internal Renenue Service Coronavirus Tax Relief Website: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Congressman John Carter's website: https://carter.house.gov/#dialog
- March 21, 2020: Tax Day now July 15 – Treasury, IRS extend filing deadline and federal tax payments regardless of amount owed
- March 18, 2020: Treasury News Release – Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- March 11, 2020: High-deductible health plans can cover coronavirus costs
- Notice 2020-17 (PDF), Relief for Taxpayers Affected by Ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic
- Notice 2020-15 (PDF), High deductible health plans and expenses related to COVID-19